Sunday, November 01, 2009

How to hoist a moider

As an early birthday present to Maddy Casey and I are actually posting something on our blog. On Friday we went to an awesome Halloween/Murder Mystery party at our friends Tegwin and Alisa's house. I was in charge of making the "blood soup," spider dinner rolls and dessert, for which I made eyeballs.



I was pretty proud of how it turned out until we got there and Stevie and Jesse made appetizers that kicked my food's trash.


The ham flesh had BBQ sauce under it so it bled when you took some off. I was too disturbed to eat it. I have worked with cadavers before and that was too close to the real thing for my comfort.



The monster mouths were apples with almond slice teeth, and really yummy.


The goblin toes were pretty awesome.

The murder mystery we did was Chicago Caper and was set in the 1920s. It features lots of period lingo with a Chicago accent. The frequent pronunciation of "goils" made us assume they were talking about gargoyles. I was assigned the part of Scoop the investigative reporter and Casey was Sock's the rich gambling hall owner who spent all his time golfing.



Alisa was a "madame" which was pretty funny as she is 7 months pregenant. I think she did a great job of throwing together a "slinky" outfit as suggested and hiding her prego belly. Her husband Tegwin was Ernie the millionaire gambler. He spent all night betting people and throwing fake (aka Canadian) money around.


Katie and Brad were real troopers and filled in for a sick couple at the last min. Even with no notice they put together costumes for a lawyer and flapper.



Stevie and Jesse and already planned some sweet costumes before the party was announced so they wore them anyway. Jesse made a great hobbit and I think Stevie just wanted to wear some ridiculous jeans and jewelry and not have to shower :)

1 comment:

Maddy said...

1. Thank you! You do not know how excited I got when I was looking at the sidebar of my blog and saw YOUR names at the top. HOLY COW!!!

2. I love those Murder Mystery parties!! Your food was way cooler than any we've ever done. You'll have to let me know if that one was a good one or not. Sometimes they're kind of lame. I saw a site once where you could download them for cheap and do them with a whole gaggle of people.

3. You guys had the best costumes by far!!!

4. Can't wait to see you guys. Get your TJs shopping list ready for us.