Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Catch up Time

My name is Sarah Rogers and I am a horrible blogger.

There I took the first step to recovery. As many of you have noticed, it has been almost a year since our last blog post. I am going to restart the blog and with the hope that now we are in Austin and are exploring a new city we will have more things to blog about. So here is an attempt to catch you all up on the last 10 months. I will take it one month at a time so I can provide more posts for your viewing pleasure.

November 2009
November means Thanksgiving. Which at this point is the only thing I can say for sure that we did last November. Lesson learned: don't wait 10 months to write a blog post. Thanksgiving was very exciting as we got to go to Arizona and see the entire Rogers family. This is the first time Casey and I have been with his entire family in close to 5 years. We all stayed in a big house with a swimming pool and hot tub and the house was really close to the outlet mall. Casey and I flew down which was sooo much better than driving like we did the year before.

On Thanksgiving morning Casey, Dustin, Jennifer, Darin, Shauna and I ran a 10K race. This was the first 10K Casey and I had ever done and we trained for about 6 weeks for it. We were pleasantly surprised with our times: Casey 51:16.0 just beating Sarah who ran 52:36.7. OK, so 1 min 20 secs is more than "just" beating but it makes me feel better to put it that way.

After the race we ate way too much food and then that night we went to the outlet malls when they opened which was around midnight. That was pretty fun but there were way too many people for my comfort. I hate being in large crowds.

During the rest of the vacation we had a cousin gift exchange, played lots of games, made gingerbread houses and ate way too much. Casey and I got to spend most of Sunday hanging out with Dustin and Maddy and their kids as everyone else had already left. It was a great trip and hopefully we will all get together again in the next year (I believe there is a plan in works as we speak for next summer)

Below are some pictures from Thanksgiving for your viewing pleasure.



3 comments:

Jesse Gunther said...

I want to see pics of your new place!!!!!

Sarah said...

We are working on those. Our ceiling started leaking during the crazy storms we've had so we want to wait till the bucket is out of the middle of the living room floor.

Maddy said...

Aww, that was such a fun trip. I wish we were all getting together again this year. Can't wait for the rest of the catch up. Don't quit on us now. ..